Man taken into custody after standoff on the North Side
Published: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 10:22 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Pittsburgh police took a man into custody following a SWAT standoff on the North Side on Tuesday morning.
Pittsburgh police were called for a domestic dispute to the home in the 2900 block of Shadeland Avenue about 2:50 a.m., police said.
A woman, who was not hurt, fled the home, but a man remained barricaded inside, prompting a SWAT call-out police said.
He surrendered and police cleared the scene shortly after 7 a.m., police said. Police did not identify the man, but said he was taken to the Allegheny County Jail.
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Former Mt. Lebanon commissioner on top
- Snider’s grand slam pushes Pirates to late victory over Cubs
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- ‘Little things’ beat California
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Woman accused in Monessen man’s death to remain in jail for now
- Catholic philosopher’s works to go high-tech
- Roundup: Moody’s upgrades Airport Authority debt; Mylan wins patent infringement case; more
- Restore Charleroi team prevails
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.