Batmobiles from 'Dark Knight' to invade Pittsburgh this weekend
By Chris Ramirez
Published: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 4:34 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Holy horsepower, Bat fans!
All six of the Dark Knight's Batmobiles and his two-wheel Bat-Pod will be on the North Shore this weekend.
The vehicles will be at Heinz Field as part of a tour to kick off the Dec. 4 release of “The Dark Knight Rises” on DVD and Blu-ray. The summer blockbuster was shot partly in Pittsburgh last year and is the final film in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.
The cars will be on display from noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Every Batmobile, from the open-cab two-seater Adam West drove in the 1960s TV show to the ultra-agile Tumbler that Christian Bale shot up the North Shore with, will be at Art Rooney Avenue near Gate A.
“The Dark Knight Rises” Blu-ray Combo Pack features “The Batmobile” documentary, an hour-long in-depth look into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman's arsenal.
On display will be vehicles from:
• “Batman” television series and “Batman, The Movie” (1966) with Adam West
• “Batman” (1989) and “Batman Returns” (1992) with Michael Keaton
• “Batman Forever” (1995) with Val Kilmer
• “Batman & Robin” (1997) with George Clooney
• “Batman Begins” (2005), “The Dark Knight” (2008), “The Dark Knight Rises” (2012), including the Black Tumbler, Camouflage Tumbler and Bat-Pod, driven in the movie by Christian Bale.
— Chris Ramirez
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Steel Valley choir to share stage with classic rock icon Foreigner
- Cooke has been steadying force for Penguins in playoffs
- McKeesport bank robbed again
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Pet cat is injured in kitchen fire in N. Huntingdon
- Election director predicts light turnout at polls
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.