Greene County family settles lawsuit with energy company
By Brian Bowling
Published: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 8:24 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
A Greene County couple and their daughter have settled a federal lawsuit claiming that Energy Corp. of American ignored the terms of a 2009 contract by installing too many natural gas compressors on their Greene Township property.
Louis and Bessie Vecchio of Dunkard and Lisa Vecchio of Greene Township said the contract limited the Denver-based company to one compressor inside a soundproof building, but the company installed five compressors with only two of them inside the structure.
U.S. District Judge Gary Lancaster on Tuesday approved a joint motion dismissing the lawsuit. Lawyers for both sides couldn't be reached for comment.
- Pens’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Worker hurt on East Ohio Street bridge
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pittsburgh Council rejects expansion of Mexican War Streets historic district
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- FedEx 4Q profit drops as economic growth is weak
- Judge: Murrysville man deserves jail time for collecting child porn, threatening postal inspector
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.