Traffic to shift to new roadway on Route 28 on Friday
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 11:54 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Northbound traffic on Route 28 will shift onto new roadway Friday between East Ohio Street and the 40th Street Bridge, PennDOT said.
PennDOT will begin shifting traffic in the area at 9 a.m. The transition should be complete by 3 p.m. PennDOT said motorists should expect delays.
Northbound traffic will remain in a single lane after the shift is completed. It will travel under the future 31st Street/Rialto Street interchange. Construction of the new roadway is part of a larger $120 million project to remake Route 28 as a four-lane, limited-access highway with no traffic signals between Pittsburgh and Kittanning.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Highmark to extend self-insurance plans to small businesses
- Pittsburgh’s Schwartz’s is reborn as a Living Market on the South Side
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.