911th reservists to return to base Thursday night
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 1:04 p.m.
Updated: Friday, January 4, 2013
About 15 members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon are expected to return home Thursday night after a two-month deployment in southwest Asia, the base said.
The reservists delivered supplies and equipment and transported U.S. and coalition forces in and out of areas including the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa during their deployment, the base said. The 911th flies C-130 cargo planes.
The base expects the reservists to arrive at Pittsburgh International Airport about 7:30 p.m. Family members and friends will greet them.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or email@example.com.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Study: Jams siphon $1B a year
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Zero percent doesn’t necessarily mean zero worries
- Lending is lifeblood for small businesses
- Cyber studies lead Latrobe grad to West Point
- Written records carry risk of skimming, says accountant reviewing Pittsburgh city books
- Norwin district residents to pay a little more
- Olympics in the Park held in Scottdale
- Jeannette treasurer calls it quits
- Smart grocery shopping pays off