Authorities still investigating what led to shooting death of woman in Stowe
By Tony LaRussa
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 1:12 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012
A woman found shot to death on Wednesday afternoon in the Stowe home she shared with her boyfriend has been identified.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Elizabeth Cannon, 21, was killed by a gunshot to the head. Her death was ruled a homicide.
Friends and relatives told investigators that Cannon and her boyfriend were having relationship problems and that she spent Tuesday night at a friend's house, according to Lt. Andrew Schurman of the Allegheny County homicide unit.
Police believe Cannon's boyfriend, who lived in the home in the 1500 block of Broadway Avenue, shot her before turning on the gas to try to take his own life.
He is in a Pittsburgh hospital in stable condition. Detectives were unable to speak to him on Thursday because of his medical condition.
A relative of Cannon's boyfriend identified him as Andrew Sheets, 25.
Tony LaRussa is a staff writerfor Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7987or firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff writer Margaret Harding contributed to this report.
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Rupert wins Democratic nod to run for sheriff
- Senators get vote of confidence
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Snider’s grand slam pushes Pirates to late victory over Cubs
- Smeltzer loses seat on ASD board
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.