TribLIVE

| Home


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Fire damages apartment building in Roscoe

Daily Photo Galleries

Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, 1:46 p.m.
 

An early morning apartment fire displaced more than a dozen people Thursday in Roscoe, Washington County.

Roscoe Mayor Tom Wilkinson, who also is chief of the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Department, said it appears the blaze started with a space heater on the second floor of the Central Apartments building on Furlong Avenue about 4 a.m. The fire marshal is investigating. No humans were injured, but one dog died.

Firefighters had to wake residents who were sleeping, Wilkinson said.

The fire damaged all three stories of the building. The American Red Cross provided food and shelter to 14 adults and three pets.

Rachel Weaver is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-320-7948 or rweaver@tribweb.com.

 

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Retailers court web customers with free shipping
  2. U.S. military shifts strategy to smaller Iraq force
  3. Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
  4. Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
  5. Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
  6. Researchers at Pennsylvania’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
  7. Flurry of business activity enlivening quaint Saxonburg
  8. No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
  9. Florida roommates find a career in playing video games on web channel Twitch
  10. Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
  11. Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.