TribLIVE

| Home


Weather Forecast
 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Fire damages apartment building in Roscoe

Daily Photo Galleries

Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, 1:46 p.m.
 

An early morning apartment fire displaced more than a dozen people Thursday in Roscoe, Washington County.

Roscoe Mayor Tom Wilkinson, who also is chief of the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Department, said it appears the blaze started with a space heater on the second floor of the Central Apartments building on Furlong Avenue about 4 a.m. The fire marshal is investigating. No humans were injured, but one dog died.

Firefighters had to wake residents who were sleeping, Wilkinson said.

The fire damaged all three stories of the building. The American Red Cross provided food and shelter to 14 adults and three pets.

Rachel Weaver is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-320-7948 or rweaver@tribweb.com.

 

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Pirates expect high prices in trade market
  2. Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
  3. Rutgers football coach says Scarlet Knights, Big Ten is ‘a tremendous marriage’
  4. Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Giants
  5. Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances
  6. Latrobe man who admitted role in fatal crash allowed to continue driving
  7. Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
  8. Belle Vernon woman named Mrs. Pennsylvania; targets child bullies
  9. Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
  10. Approval for Wal-Mart closer in McCandless
  11. 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.