TribLIVE

| Home


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Fire damages apartment building in Roscoe

Daily Photo Galleries

Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, 1:46 p.m.
 

An early morning apartment fire displaced more than a dozen people Thursday in Roscoe, Washington County.

Roscoe Mayor Tom Wilkinson, who also is chief of the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Department, said it appears the blaze started with a space heater on the second floor of the Central Apartments building on Furlong Avenue about 4 a.m. The fire marshal is investigating. No humans were injured, but one dog died.

Firefighters had to wake residents who were sleeping, Wilkinson said.

The fire damaged all three stories of the building. The American Red Cross provided food and shelter to 14 adults and three pets.

Rachel Weaver is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-320-7948 or rweaver@tribweb.com.

 

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
  2. Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
  3. Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
  4. Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
  5. Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
  6. Living Water Church takes over Knights of Columbus building in Kittanning
  7. Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
  8. Ex-judge in Philadelphia charged with bribery, conspiracy in sting case
  9. Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of costing residents thousands, viewing porn on the job
  10. Allegheny County health officials call on retirement homes to stay vigilant on Legionella prevention
  11. Ferrante defense questions results of cyanide test
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.