TribLIVE

| Home


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Fire damages apartment building in Roscoe

Daily Photo Galleries

Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, 1:46 p.m.
 

An early morning apartment fire displaced more than a dozen people Thursday in Roscoe, Washington County.

Roscoe Mayor Tom Wilkinson, who also is chief of the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Department, said it appears the blaze started with a space heater on the second floor of the Central Apartments building on Furlong Avenue about 4 a.m. The fire marshal is investigating. No humans were injured, but one dog died.

Firefighters had to wake residents who were sleeping, Wilkinson said.

The fire damaged all three stories of the building. The American Red Cross provided food and shelter to 14 adults and three pets.

Rachel Weaver is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-320-7948 or rweaver@tribweb.com.

Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.

 

 

 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
  2. Toole decides to remain at Robert Morris after interviewing with Fordham
  3. Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
  4. Improperly tapped gas line a possibility in NYC blast
  5. Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
  6. Warrant issued for Hopwood man accused of burglary
  7. Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
  8. West Virginia men’s basketball team hopes best is yet to come
  9. Key Pennsylvania judicial races dot landscape
  10. Region’s Goodwill spends $51.6M in 2014, report says
  11. Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut