No tax hike for Southwest Greensburg
Published: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, November 17, 2012
Southwest Greensburg council unveiled a 2013 budget this week that calls for no hike in property taxes or garbage fees, according to the borough secretary.
Council's budget proposes a $681,600 general fund, $185,135 in the garbage account and nearly $49,000 in liquid fuels funding.
Council approved Wednesday the purchase of a 2012 Dodge Charger for $26,526 for the police department.
Borough officials will buy the vehicle from Tri-Star Motors, with specialized police equipment installed by Team Force of Johnstown.
The vehicle will replace a 2006 Ford Crown Victoria, which will be traded in, borough officials said.
Council will hold a meeting 6 p.m. Dec. 5 to discuss a possible residential rental ordinance.
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched for soreness in right knee
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Sewickley man dies in overnight motorcycle accident
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Frye: Wonderful kind of misery
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.