Boil-water order lifted for Kittanning area residents
Published: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 1:14 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 18, 2012
The state has lifted a boil water advisory for Kittanning-area customers of Pennsylvania American Water Co., utility spokesman Gary Lobaugh said Sunday.
Samples collected on Saturday and Sunday has acceptable bacteria levels, leading the state Department of Environmental Protection to lift the water restrictions, he said. The DEP issued the advisory Friday because a drop in water pressure raised the chance that unsanitary water could have leaked into the lines.
The notice lifts the advisory for customers in Kittanning, Applewold and parts of Manor and Rayburn, Lobaugh said.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- New ‘Arrested Development’ season set for Netflix debut
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Retailers cash in on the ’stache craze, as its popularity regrows
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.