Bechtel’s Monroeville plant benefits from $355.9M Navy contract
By Alex Nixon
Published: Monday, November 19, 2012, 4:20 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
A Bechtel Corp. subsidiary with operations in Monroeville was awarded a $355.9 million contract to supply naval nuclear propulsion components to the Naval Sea Systems Command, the Defense Department said.
More than two-thirds of the work will be performed at the Bechtel Plant Machinery facility on Technology Drive in Monroeville, which employs 800 workers. The remaining 31 percent of the contract will be fulfilled at a Bechtel Plant Machinery facility in Schenectady, N.Y., which employs 100 workers.
Bechtel Plant Machinery has been providing parts to the Navy for years, spokesman Dom Bonanno said. This latest contract covers the fiscal year that began Oct. 1.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Harrison’s Heights Plaza Shopping Center looking to bounce back
- Seattle-area bridge collapse survivor: ‘You hold on’
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.