Stanton Heights man, sons sickened by carbon monoxide
A Stanton Heights man and his two sons were sickened by carbon monoxide Monday night, Pittsburgh emergency dispatchers said.
Paramedics and firefighters were called around 8 p.m. to the home on Brintell Street for a report of a lethargic child, dispatchers said.
When they arrived, they found the man and the boys — ages 8 and 12 — in need of medical treatment, dispatchers said.
The three were taken to UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland. Gas company personnel were called to determine the source of the leak, dispatchers said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Emergency personnel battle fire at Whitehall apartment complex
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Crowds pack Downtown Pittsburgh to enjoy Light Up Night festivities
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- For 1 night on stage, embattled Cosby his old self