Southbound I-79 near Southpointe reopens after accident
Published: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 3:06 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
The southbound lanes of Interstate 79 near the Southpointe exit reopened following a multi-vehicle accident, according to state police.
The accident, which injured several people, occurred shortly after 1:30 p.m., police said.
Rush-hour traffic in both directions remain backed up as a result of the accident, according to police.
Authorities did not yet have information on where the injured were taken for treatment.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- Penguins’ fans as young as five months brave cold to watch Game 5
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- TreeVitalize beautifies hospital campus
- 2-time WPIAL champion wrestler Kenney of Connellsville High chooses WVU
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- Harrison commissioners considering paving bids
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.