Crafton Heights security guard shoots motorist
Published: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:14 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A security guard shot and wounded a motorist Tuesday night who was dragging his partner at a housing development in Crafton Heights, city police said.
The shooting occurred shortly after 9 p.m. at the development on Woodlow Street where the security guards had cited the motorist for defiant trespass and were holding him for Pittsburgh police, city police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
Before city police arrived, the security guards told detectives, the motorist began to drive away, dragging one of the guards along the street. His partner then shot the motorist in the arm, Herrmann said.
No other information was immediately available.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Gold Star mother supports military’s role
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.