Brazil groom bleeds to death at his wedding
By The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 10:50 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 21, 2012
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Media reports say a Brazilian bridegroom bled to death at his wedding reception when he tripped and fell on an empty glass of beer.
The G1 news website says the freak accident occurred early Monday morning some six hours after navy sergeant Fabio Jefferson dos Santos Maciel and Geise Guimaraes tied the knot.
Citing wedding guests, G1 says Maciel was dancing with one of the bridesmaids when he lost his balance and fell to the ground shattering the glass he was carrying in his left pants pocket.
G1 says a piece of glass severed his femoral vein, causing a massive loss of blood.
He died shortly after being rushed to a nearby hospital.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pitt adds two more recruits
- Worthington-Kittanning wastes early lead, falls to Prospect
- Requirements change for Pittsburgh police officers who evaluate potential recruits
- Three-time Emmy winner, ‘Sopranos’ star James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville tops Waynesburg in Fayette Legion action
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Gunman in Reserve shooting dies in hospital