Two wounded in Pittsburgh shootings
Published: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 8:30 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Two young men were wounded Wednesday night in shootings a few minutes apart in two Pittsburgh neighborhoods.
Police and paramedics were called at 7:25 p.m. to the intersection of Knox Avenue and Bausman Street in Knoxville and found a 17-year-old male shot in the abdomen. He was taken to UPMC Mercy, Uptown, in critical condition, police told dispatchers. City homicide detectives are investigating.
A 19-year-old man was reported shot in the abdomen shortly after 7:30 p.m. in the 7300 block of Hamilton Avenue in Homewood. Preliminary indications are that the man was in serious but stable condition, dispatchers were told.
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- High school notebook: Burrell girls 400 relay team is special group
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.