House to be condemned after Friday morning fire
Fire destroyed a house on Lilac Street in Ross on Friday.
Firefighters spent about four hours extinguishing the fire that began around 8 a.m. under an outside deck, authorities said.
Ross Fire Marshal John Reubi said officials would condemn the home, which cannot be rebuilt.
Four people lived there but no one was injured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Months of hard work go into Alle-Kiski high-school musicals
- Chef’s compassion showed through food ministry
- Scientists concerned seas will rise, reshaping coastlines
- Devices, exercises can keep technology from being a pain
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- Quick marinade adds bold flavor to lamb
- Roasting or sauteing brings out sweetness of green beans
- PLS Trio seems like more voices on ‘East River’
- Penguins notebook: Shootouts becoming a concern
- Cooking Class: Pork Tenderloin Medallions With Sweet Pea Risotto at Franco’s Trattoria
- Baylor downs West Virginia, sweeps season series