Instagram records fall on Thanksgiving
By Jeremy C. Owens San Jose Mercury News
Published: Friday, November 23, 2012, 3:20 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Photo-sharing service Instagram announced Friday that Thanksgiving was its busiest day yet, with users sharing their family meals at such a rapid clip that more than 10 million photos related to Turkey Day were posted.
“How do we mine all these photos, make sense of them so you can consume the most interesting photos?” Systrom asked the crowd, later answering, “We're going to need to be a big data company.”
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Springdale grad Killiam shines on diamond for Allegheny
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- Harrison commissioners considering paving bids
- TreeVitalize beautifies hospital campus
- PIAA board delays vote on Leechburg switch
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- 2-time WPIAL champion wrestler Kenney of Connellsville High chooses WVU
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.