Overnight outbound Squirrel Hill tunnel restrictions to begin
Traffic in the Squirrel Hill Tunnel outbound will be reduced to a single lane overnight Monday through Dec. 11, PennDOT said.
Crews will be making improvements in the tunnel and on the nearby Commercial Avenue Bridge from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Mondays through Thursdays, and from 11 p.m. to 10 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
The work is part of a $49.5 million project to improve the tunnel. It is scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2014.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Popular Super Bowl, March Madness traditions prohibited under state law
- Leader Times roundup: Kittanning girls basketball team rolls past Valley, 61-8
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- McGuffey tops Kittanning to reach WPIAL wrestling semifinals
- Super Bowl ads win by playing to viewers’ emotions, experts say
- Arnold officer injured in attempt to detain suspect
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Residents opposed to drilling, Consol subsidiary make cases in Allegheny Township
- Roundup: Nissan recalls SUVs to fix electrical shorts, hood latches; Ford recalls cars, vans for door latch and seat belt trouble; more