PIAA announces dates, venues for state football quarterfinals
By Staff Report
Published: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 11:06 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, April 2, 2013
PIAA announces quarterfinal sites
The PIAA on Saturday announced the dates, times and venues for four of the state quarterfinals involving WPIAL teams.
All games are slated for 7 p.m. Friday.
Clairton (13-0), the Class A champion, will go for its 61st consecutive win and begin its trek toward a fifth consecutive state finals berth against District 5 winner Berlin-Brothersvalley (11-1) at Golden Eagle Stadium in Somerset. The Bears have won the last three PIAA Class A crowns.
Central Valley High School will host to the Class AA matchup between Aliquippa (13-0) and District 9 champion Karns City (10-3).
In Class AAA, West Allegheny (12-1) will face District 10 champion Cathedral Prep (12-0) at Erie Memorial Stadium.
North Allegheny (13-0) will play District 10 champion Erie McDowell (7-5) in the Class AAAA first round at Seneca Valley.
— Staff report
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- 2 arrested after UK fighter jet scrambles to divert civilian plane
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Seattle-area bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.