PIAA announces dates, venues for state football quarterfinals
By Staff Report
Published: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 11:06 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, April 2, 2013
PIAA announces quarterfinal sites
The PIAA on Saturday announced the dates, times and venues for four of the state quarterfinals involving WPIAL teams.
All games are slated for 7 p.m. Friday.
Clairton (13-0), the Class A champion, will go for its 61st consecutive win and begin its trek toward a fifth consecutive state finals berth against District 5 winner Berlin-Brothersvalley (11-1) at Golden Eagle Stadium in Somerset. The Bears have won the last three PIAA Class A crowns.
Central Valley High School will host to the Class AA matchup between Aliquippa (13-0) and District 9 champion Karns City (10-3).
In Class AAA, West Allegheny (12-1) will face District 10 champion Cathedral Prep (12-0) at Erie Memorial Stadium.
North Allegheny (13-0) will play District 10 champion Erie McDowell (7-5) in the Class AAAA first round at Seneca Valley.
— Staff report
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Former Pittsburgh police Chief Nate Harper asks for permission to take grandkids to Ohio amusement park
- Peduto secures Democratic nomination for Pittsburgh mayor
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Officials identify Homewood toddler killed in East Hills shooting
- Trial begins for teen accused of shooting girl, setting her on fire
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.