PIAA announces dates, venues for state football quarterfinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
PIAA announces quarterfinal sites
The PIAA on Saturday announced the dates, times and venues for four of the state quarterfinals involving WPIAL teams.
All games are slated for 7 p.m. Friday.
Clairton (13-0), the Class A champion, will go for its 61st consecutive win and begin its trek toward a fifth consecutive state finals berth against District 5 winner Berlin-Brothersvalley (11-1) at Golden Eagle Stadium in Somerset. The Bears have won the last three PIAA Class A crowns.
Central Valley High School will host to the Class AA matchup between Aliquippa (13-0) and District 9 champion Karns City (10-3).
In Class AAA, West Allegheny (12-1) will face District 10 champion Cathedral Prep (12-0) at Erie Memorial Stadium.
North Allegheny (13-0) will play District 10 champion Erie McDowell (7-5) in the Class AAAA first round at Seneca Valley.
— Staff report
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Pitt recruit Whitehead remains committed
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Worker at Mercer County center accused of illegal sexual contact with juveniles
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Economy police release sketch of woman whose embalmed head was found in wooded area
- Leon Ford’s civil rights lawsuit can proceed, judge rules
- French van driver carries out 3rd attack in 3 days
- Federal appeals court upholds ban on N.C. abortion law
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win