Roethlisbergers release photo of son Ben Jr.
By Alan Robinson
Published: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 1:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wife Ashley have released the first photograph of their son, Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger Jr., who was born on Wednesday night.
The photo was posted Saturday on Roethlisberger's website, www.bigben7.com.
The photo caption reads: "Ben's favorite photo so far ... and dad's new screen saver for his phone. He is definitely a chip off the old block!"
Ben Jr. weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce and was 19 1/2 inches at birth. Ashley Roethlisberger gave birth at 10:06 p.m. Wednesday, but her husband still made it to the Steelers' practice on Thanksgiving.
Multiple teammates who saw Roethlisberger's cell phone photos said his son closely resembles him.
Roethlisberger will miss a second consecutive game with a dislocated rib and upper chest/shoulder injury when the Steelers play in Cleveland on Sunday. The team has not speculated about a possible return date for the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback.
Ben Jr. is the Roethlisbergers' first child. The couple was married in June 2011.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Mt. Washington's Grandview Avenue isn't looking so great these days
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched with soreness in right knee
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Allegheny County police counting on remote-operated river vehicle
- Alvarez blast propels Pirates past Astros
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.