No Powerball winner; jackpot goes to record $425M
By The Associated Press
Published: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 9:50 a.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 25, 2012
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Lottery officials say nobody has won the Powerball jackpot and the top prize will now increase to about $425 million for the next drawing, the largest jackpot ever for the game.
Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer said sales were strong over the holiday week for Saturday's drawing, which was estimated at $325 million before the numbers were picked. That was the fourth-largest jackpot in the game's history.
Neubauer says the jackpot for Wednesday's drawing could go even higher than the estimated $425 million because sales pick up in the days before record drawings.
The previous top Powerball prize was $365 million, won in 2006 by ConAgra Foods Workers in Lincoln, Neb.
The Powerball numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
- Starkey: Robots over umps? Yes, please
- Woman charged in fatal Lawrence County accident that killed cyclist
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.