Soybeans edge up on weather concerns
• Soy long: Soybeans edged higher on concern that a dry spell forecast for Brazil will harm this season's crop.
• Planting season: Farmers in southern Brazil, where most of the country's crop is grown, are in the middle of the planting season.
• Mixed metal: Precious metals traded mixed following strong gains Friday. Silver edged up 0.1 percent, while gold fell by the same amount.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- McCandless site set for Wal-Mart supercenter store
- Link to Sept. 11 motivated new chief of nonprofit Friends of Flight 93
- Natural gas royalties lawsuit hinges on transaction date
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Teacher conduct under spotlight in Pennsylvania
- ALICE program aims to protect students from active shooter in school