Youth ballet schedules ‘Nutcracker’ shows
By Mark Kanny
Published: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Pittsburgh Youth Ballet Company will continue its “The Nutcracker” tradition, which includes choreography by George Balanchine, at performances Friday to Sunday in Upper St. Clair.
The lavish production, which features the work of several choreographers, will include Balanchine's setting of the Snow Scene. Balanchine, to many the greatest choreographer of the 20th century, created his version of “The Nutcracker” in 1954 for the New York City Ballet.
Former New York City Ballet soloist Katrina Killian came to Pittsburgh to work with the young dancers and check on their progress. Performing Balanchine's choreography requires the permission of the George Balanchine Trust.
The performances are at 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday at Upper St. Clair Theater, 1825 McLaughlin Run Road, Upper St. Clair. Admission is $15 to $20.
Details: 724-969-6000 or www.pybco.org.
- Restore Charleroi team prevails
- Iacoboni, Egros win Democratic nods for Rostraver commissioner race
- Charleroi Area School Board getting two new members
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Candidates agree: Race still too close to call in Fallowfield Township
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Endorsed school candidates prevail
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- North Versailles candidates mull options
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.