Powerball jackpot boosted again to $550M
By The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 12:32 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 28, 2012
DES MOINES, Iowa -- The record Powerball jackpot just keeps rising. It now stands at $550 million after officials say brisk sales keep driving up the payout amount.
The jackpot was boosted to $500 million on Tuesday and raised again Wednesday morning to $550 million.
A winner taking the cash option would get $360.2 million before taxes.
The numbers are an estimate and could be increased again as the drawing nears.
Powerball officials say they now believe there is a 75 percent chance that the winning combination of numbers will be drawn Wednesday night.
- Power storms back to beat rival Gladiators
- ’76 Apple model gets $668K at auction
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Locke, Pirates power past Brewers at Miller Park
- Motorcycle deaths in Pennsylvania climb in 10 years since repeal of helmet law
- Minor league notebook: Kilcrease shining as reliever for Bradenton
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Nurse devoted to family, work, hospital
- Marijuana supporters rally at the Point
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.