Police: Man committed Aliquippa killing, tried suicide
By The Associated Press
Published: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 6:38 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Police say a man found on the side of the road with a self-inflicted gunshot wound had killed an Aliquippa man a day earlier.
Police say Lawrence Rains, 47, of Center Township shot and killed Richard Lincheck, 58, on Tuesday night, then spent the night hiding in a creek bed before he was found Wednesday next to Kennedy Boulevard in Aliquippa with a gunshot wound to the face.
Police Chief Andre Davis says investigators recovered a gun and other evidence linking Rains to the killing in front of Lincheck's Elgin Street home. He says a motive is unclear at this point.
Rains remains hospitalized at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side, and will be arraigned on charges including criminal homicide and robbery upon his release. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Jack Wagner concedes to Pittsburgh mayoral challenger Bill Peduto
- Snider’s grand slam lifts Pirates over Cubs
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- NHL Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Storm won’t pack as big of a punch in W.Pa.
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Senators get vote of confidence
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Woman accused in Monessen man’s death to remain in jail for now
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.