Police: Man committed Aliquippa killing, tried suicide
Police say a man found on the side of the road with a self-inflicted gunshot wound had killed an Aliquippa man a day earlier.
Police say Lawrence Rains, 47, of Center Township shot and killed Richard Lincheck, 58, on Tuesday night, then spent the night hiding in a creek bed before he was found Wednesday next to Kennedy Boulevard in Aliquippa with a gunshot wound to the face.
Police Chief Andre Davis says investigators recovered a gun and other evidence linking Rains to the killing in front of Lincheck's Elgin Street home. He says a motive is unclear at this point.
Rains remains hospitalized at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side, and will be arraigned on charges including criminal homicide and robbery upon his release. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Queen sends first tweet, signed ‘Elizabeth R’
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- House has Pitt defense trending in right direction
- Man shot, killed after leaving Elliott bar early Friday
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach