Police respond to shootings in Lawrenceville, McKeesport
Published: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 10:28 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 5, 2012
At least one person was shot when gunfire erupted Thursday night in an apartment house in Lawrenceville.
Pittsburgh police were called about 9:40 p.m. for a report of shots fired in the building in the 4700 block of Butler Street. Police found a man lying in the hallway.
Police did not allow paramedics inside the building until they searched it to make sure the gunman had either fled or no longer posed a threat.
About 90 minutes earlier, police in McKeesport were called to a shooting in Crawford Village. One person was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital by medical helicopter.
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- NHL Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Big Ben likes revamped offense as OTAs begin
- Cozza, Tranquilli win nods for judge
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Westinghouse hires regional president
- Senators get vote of confidence
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Leaks have couple rethinking dream of art gallery iin New Alexandria
- ESPN cutting workforce, ‘smartly managing costs’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.