Butler County hunter dies in ATV accident
Published: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 11:54 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, December 6, 2012
A Butler County man died Saturday after an all-terrain vehicle rolled on top of him as he tried to retrieve a deer that he had shot in Armstrong County, state police said.
Police identified the man as Mark A. Stawinski, 53, of Buffalo Township. An Armstrong County coroner's report said Stawinski suffocated under the weight of the ATV.
The accident occurred between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. off Farm Road in Mahoning Township. Stawinski had been descending a steep hill when he lost control of the ATV and it rolled on top of him, authorities said.
Another hunter discovered Stawinski, police said.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Three-time Emmy winner, ‘Sopranos’ star James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pitt adds two more recruits
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says offense needs to get rolling
- New Kensington Community Days gives crowds, performers a chance to see revamped Memorial Park
- Police search around home of Patriots’ star Hernandez for 2nd day
- Gunman in Reserve shooting dies in hospital