Skeletal remains found in Mercer County
Published: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 11:22 a.m.
Updated: Monday, December 3, 2012
State police in Mercer County are investigating the discovery of human skeletal remains in a wooded area near Interstate 80.
Police said a hunter found the remains about 8:15 a.m. Saturday in East Lackawannock, about a half-mile north of I-80 and half-mile east of Route 19.
Police said they do not suspect foul play in the unidentified person's death.
The identification process is expected to take weeks, police said.
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Senators notebook: The Kid has defensive shadows
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- NFL notebook: San Francisco lands 50th Super Bowl
- Finley’s Fighters chooses Geibel student’s logo
- Cops seeking Harrison bank robber
- Apple CEO Tim Cook defends company’s tax strategy before Senate subcommittee
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.