Players 4 Kids Gala is game-changer for at-risk kids
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, October 9, 2012
The celebrity guest list from the Players 4 Kids Gala looked more like a collective team roster for all things black and gold, where a quick scan of the room revealed the presence of Ben Roethlisberger, Neil Walker, Chris Kunitz, Jason Gildon, Tunch Ilkin, LaMarr Woodley, Alex Presley, Jack Wilson, Matt Niskanen, and Joey Vitale.
Hosted by Matt Cooke and Pascal Dupuis, the evening benefited the Pittsburgh Kids Foundation, which works to change the lives of at-risks in the Pittsburgh region, as well as orphaned children in Haiti.
“I got to go to Haiti with my wife (Michelle). ... You have no idea what you even take for granted until you go there. Once you realize what's out there, you just have to do something,” Cooke said.
Held in the West Club Lounge of Heinz Field on Thursday, the event drew a record crowd of 390 guests, including prez Dr. Brad Henderson, Mark Williams, and John and Colette Irvin, and raised $250K.
- Pens’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Judges consider tossing $60M Penn State fund lawsuit
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- Market Square Farmer’s Market expanding
- Worker hurt on East Ohio Street bridge
- Judge: Murrysville man deserves jail time for collecting child porn, threatening postal inspector
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.