Steelers Style show highlights include an impromptu breakdance
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, October 9, 2012
“Let's have some fun, and let's try not to laugh when these guys come out,” said Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin as his roster primped backstage before strutting down the runway for the Steelers Style fashion show.
Fandemonium accurately described the scene in the East Club Lounge of Heinz Field, where an army of 750 admirers started off the evening by perusing the Steelers Style Lounge — a genius addition to the festivities this year — that satisfied any black-and-gold retail fashion cravings.
Spotlight on, emcee Bob Pompeani did the honors and DJ Bonics soundtracked the evening for an audience that included Dr. Thomas and Joy Starzl, Cindy Citrone, Athena Sarris, Jim and Cathy Garraux, Clyde Jones and co-chairs Mike and Kiya Tomlin and Greta and Art Rooney II.
The roar paled in comparison, however, to the response that Troy Polamalu and his sons Paisios and Ephraim received as Paisios brought down the house with an impromptu breakdance punctuated with signature Michael Jackson moves to the tune of “Thriller.”
The event benefited the Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute at UPMC and the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Error in 9th allows Pirates to rally past Astros
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Pirates notebook: NL Central not so soft after all
- Senators notebook: Penguins’ Bylsma backs MacLean for Adams Award
- Senators head home to regroup
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Just hold on, 911 officials say of busy signals, but frustrated callers want explanation
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.