Real estate notes
• The former Catalyst Building at 141 41st St., Lawrenceville, will be converted into a mixed-use development, consisting of 20 residential rental units and three office units. To be known as Catalyst Lofts, the development is by R.A. CAT I LP, a joint venture between James R. Aiello Sr. of JRA Development and James Aiello Jr. of Aiello Development. The project, costing $3.6 million, recently received a Pittsburgh Development Fund loan of $435,000 with an interest rate of 4 percent, The building will include a fitness room and community space and each room will have laundry facilities. Surface parking is available and rents for the residential units will range from $1,209 for a studio to $2,000 for a three-bedroom unit.
• E Properties & Development will reappear before the Pittsburgh Zoning Board of Adjustment Thursday to seek a special exception at 250-256 44th St., Lawrenceville, to renovate the existing structures for 57 housing units with 88 on-site parking spaces. Todd and Kathleen Meyet will seek approval for a special exception to renovate a building at 620 N. Taylor Ave., North Side, for use as a two-family dwelling on the second and third floors, a restaurant on the first, and at 618 N.Taylor, to use the building for two family units on the second and third floors and an office on the first. Also that day, SWN Enterprises LLC will seek approval for a new two-story residential structure at 335 Arlington Ave., South Side, with five units and one-car integral garage for each unit, while Fahed Alsoud wants approval to use a one-story structure at 625 W. Warrington Ave., Mt. Washington, for vehicle/equipment sales and repair with eight outdoor parking spaces.
• A company seeking rezoning to permit manufacture of dental prosthetics in an existing building at 1615 Golden Mile, Monroeville, will seek the approval of Monroeville Council at a public hearing Tuesday. The request is from Parker Realty Partners LLP, which is relocating from Export. Also on Tuesday's agenda is a request from Astorino/Osiris Properties LLC (representing Highmark) for site plan approval to construct additions totalling 1,930 square feet and reconstruct 3,618 square feet of an existing building at 4121 Monroeville Blvd., consisting of 4.5 acres, to create an Ambulatory Surgery Center. Hearings are held in the Municipal building, 2700 Monroeville Blvd., starting at 7 p.m.
• Bikram Yoga Pittsburgh, home of the original Bikram Hot Yoga, opened a new location at 3418 Penn Ave., across from Doughboy Square, in Lawrenceville. The location was once the Penn Theater and contains 1,500 square feet of space, said Zeb Homison, studio owner. The former location was in the Strip District.
• Pittsburgh City Council will hold a public hearing Tuesday on a request from UPMC Shadyside Hospital to adopt a master plan and also include some zoning changes. The hearing will be held at 1 p.m. in Council Chambers, fifth floor, City-County Building, Grant Street, Downtown. Involved in the zoning change is a parcel bounded by Baum Boulevard, Morewood and Centre avenues; also property bounded by Baum Boulevard, Cypress, Gross and Woodworth streets, and a triangle shaped parcel, bounded by Centre Avenue and South Aiken Avenue.
• Pittsburgh-based Sincerely Yogurt, a self-serve frozen yogurt and smoothie shop, has opened its seventh local location at the Mircale Mile Shopping Center, Monroeville. The founder and CEO John Major, said plans are for several more stores before the end of the year.
• University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's 10-year master plan for its Oakland campus will be reviewed at a public hearing Wednesday, from 8 to 9:30 a.m., at UPMC Forbes Tower, Room 8096, off Meyran Avenue, Oakland. Free parking will be available in Forbes Tower garage. Plans call for facilities expansions, redistribution of parking for patients and a proposed new Oakland traffic pattern designed for both traffic calming and to help reduce the Oakland gridlock.
Sam Spatter is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7843 or email@example.com.