Real estate notes
By Sam Spatter
Published: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 8:48 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
• The Builders Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh will offer a training program for members on new Fall Protection requirements for residential construction issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. OSHA, which has delayed full enforcement of the stricter guidelines, will begin enforcement on Dec. 15. The first program will be on Wednesday with a second on Nov. 27, both from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost is $30 and includes lunch. Classes, limited to 40, will be held at the BAMP office, 2041 Blvd. of Allies, Pittsburgh 15219. To register, call 412-434-5690.
• The Meadows Racetrack and Casino has another round of improvements, valued at $2.5 million, under way. The project will upgrade facilities at High Limit Slots, Adios Lounge and The Clubhouse and include casino improvements. The Clubhouse will get a new bar, lighting fixtures, food display and other amenities. The Adios Lounge will have game chair massage service (pending state approval), private office space and large screen TVs. Completion is scheduled for mid-December. High Limit Slots will have butler service, a hot food station, bar service and personal valet service.
• Pittsburgh City Council will hold a hearing Wednesday on a proposed master plan for UPMC St. Margaret Hospital for property bounded by Freeport Road, Delafield Avenue, Rt. 28 ramps and the Waterworks Mall. The hearing begins at 1 p.m., 5th floor, City-County Building, Grant Street, Downtown.
• Waterford Land Partners LP will seek approval on Thursday from the Pittsburgh Zoning Board of Adjustment for 31 single-family attached homes on Davison Street in Lawrenceville. Robert and Janet Simon will seek approval for a 1,200-square-foot addition to a one-story structure with 25 off-site parking spaces at 143-45 Enterprise St. The Pittsburgh School District wants to place a sign for Barack Obama Academy at 519 N. Highland Ave., East Liberty. Priority Development Co. LLC wants to place a 57.4-square-foot, wall-mounted sign at 401 E. Ohio St., North Side. Riverview Apartments Inc. wants to place a 450-square-foot sign for Riverview Towers at 52 Garetta St., Squirrel Hill.
• Jim Shorkey Auto Group wants to use 13100 Rt. 30 in North Huntingdon for car dealership operations. It will seek approval at a hearing on Tuesday starting at 7 p.m. before the Township Zoning Hearing Board. Enterprise Rent a Car Co. of Pittsburgh LLC wants to open an outlet at 10750 Rt. 30.
• Manjunatha Sherigar will seek approval Tuesday from Monroeville Council at a hearing for rezoning and subdivision of property at 4136 and 4139 Old William Penn Highway. Consolidation of the two parcels into 2.5 acres would permit construction of a hotel. The hearing starts at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers, Monroeville Municipal Building, 2700 Monroeville Blvd.
• Landau Building Co. of McCandless will manage construction of a South Hills Honda dealership. The existing complex will be replaced with a 42,000-square-foot facility on Rt. 19, Peters. The showroom, although on the second floor of the two-story building, will be at street level. A 5,000-square-foot mezzanine will overlook the service area. Construction will be in phases to keep the existing dealership operational.
• Howard Hanna Real Estate Services, based in O'Hara, has opened its fourth Columbus-area office with 25 agents. It is in Upper Arlington and is the 57th office for the company in the state, covering 20 counties.
Sam Spatter is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7843 or email@example.com.
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Bilik DeFazio leads race on both ballots
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Snider’s grand slam pushes Pirates to late victory over Cubs
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.