Treat yourself to French Onion Beef Tenderloin
By Eating Well
Published: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, November 17, 2012
Festive eating at this time of year should not be restricted to holiday repasts.
Simple yet special dinners with the immediate family or with a couple of friends call for recipes like this. We took the comforting flavors of French onion soup and turned them into an easy bistro-style steak dinner.
Tender filet mignon gets smothered with sweet, caramelized onions and topped by a crispy, Swiss cheese-covered crostino.
To double this recipe, use two large skillets, and prepare one 4-serving recipe in each.
Serve with green beans and mashed potatoes with buttermilk and chives.
EatingWell is a magazine and website — eatingwell.com —devoted to healthy eating.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- WPIAL softball postseason newcomers making inroads
- Daily News roundup: Clancy’s wins DNL opener
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- MPIAA holds annual 100-inning softball game
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Women take action to improve Kinloch park
- Deer Lakes School District may raise meal prices
- Buffalo Township celebrates Unity in the Community
- Styx, REO Speedwagon and Nugent still up to rocking the crowd
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.