Read Between the Lines
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 2:20 p.m.
Updated: Friday, June 22, 2012
For once, the sound of pulsating music wafting down Penn Avenue in East Liberty wasn't coming from the usual suspects. This time, the guilty party was taking place in between the shelves at the Carnegie Library on Friday, where another infamous After Hours: Late Night soiree had drawn more than 500 of the young and the restless out of their shells.
"Isn't this amazing? This is something new for us. I was really hesitant at first, but it's really worked out," said CLP prexy Mary Frances Cooper.
While a small crowd vied to claim dibs on vintage library furniture up for grabs (bidding for a card catalog got as high as $340), most of the mingling didn't migrate too far from the bars.
Circulating among the sellout crowd were Ned Schano, J.J. Richards, Amy Beatty, Brian Hart, Sam Badger, Ryan Bierkortte, Jack Brice and Kate Freed, and Jeremy and Rebecca Church.
- Let Them Eat Cake! contest is sweet on ‘Baby Odyssey’
- 15th annual Spring Hat Luncheon proves a dazzling garden party
- Ladies Hospital Aid Society toasts outgoing president
- Mon-Vale Health Resources celebrates 25th Gala
- Flash!: Person of Vision; CAPA Cabaret; Austin’s Playroom Project auction
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.