Magic in the air with Joe Manganiello
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 8:50 p.m.
Updated: Monday, July 23, 2012
“People have been going insane, coming in from out of town. Crazy Joe Fans,” said Maniac Magazine publisher April Hubal during a meet 'n' greet at Vallozzi's Pittsburgh with Mt. Lebanon native Joe Manganiello.
And go insane, they did.
Around 350 ladies (and a few lads) arrived with their best assets on display and ready to pounce on the “True Blood” and “How I Met Your Mother” star whose, ahem, most noticeable body of work includes a starring role in the male stripper drama “Magic Mike,” alongside Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey. Not to say he takes his current status as one of LaLa Land's hottest sex symbols very seriously.
“I don't pay attention to any of that. ... I'm from Pittsburgh! I just keep my head down and go about my business,” he said as the line of fans stretched halfway down Fifth Avenue. “It feels great (to be home). I already grabbed a couple of Primanti Bros. sandwiches.”
The event raised money for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation.
“I love kids and I love Pittsburgh. ... I thought (this) was important. Unfortunately, those kids probably don't watch anything I'm in, but their mothers do,” he smiled.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Denigrating medicine: ObamaCare turns physicians into assembly line workers
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Pirates starters Locke, Wandy enjoying good fortune
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Quinoa Tabbouleh, a gluten-free take on a Middle Eastern classic
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.