Pink Ribbon Roundup benefits Pittsburgh’s Komen for the Cure affiliate
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 9:11 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, October 21, 2012
“This is the seventh year, and I said, ‘I'm gonna spring for a hat,'” laughed Glenn Moeller.
In good company, he was one of many getting in touch with their inner cowboy or cowgirl for the Pink Ribbon Roundup held at The Chadwick on Friday.
Benefitting the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Pittsburgh Affiliate, the event offered a refreshing dose of unpretentiousness with its “jeans and cowboy boots” dress code that drew 250. Far from being a crowd to call it an early night, Vida, The Singing Diva, ensured the dance floor didn't stay lonely as the good times kept rolling for the likes of board prexy Patricia Hodder, Y108's Stoney Richards, Rita DeMore, Sue Groff, Barbara Moeller, Amy Schafer, Lin Strous and Sharon McSwaney.
“I wanted to give back because I had such a great support system,” said survivor Sharon McSwaney. “This is just such a happy event.”
The evening was well on track to reach its goal of raising $215K.
- 15th annual Spring Hat Luncheon proves a dazzling garden party
- Broadway Bound! spotlights Point Park students
- Silk Screen film festival gala draws 400 celebrants
- Flash!: Annual Bishop’s Dinner; Nellie Leadership Awards Gala
- Pittsburgh Opera’s Maecenas XXIX gala takes center stage
- Mon-Vale Health Resources celebrates 25th Gala
- Let Them Eat Cake! contest is sweet on ‘Baby Odyssey’
- Flash!: Person of Vision; CAPA Cabaret; Austin’s Playroom Project auction
- Persad Center’s Art for Change continues to grow
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.