The Carnegie shines After Hours @ the Library
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 11, 2012
There's something ridiculously alluring about a happy hour hosted within the confines of the library, so no big surprise that the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh saw 200 young professionals walking through its Smithfield Street branch on Friday for After Hours @the Library.
“The idea is to have an event that's more intimate ...although I guess it isn't too intimate with 200 people,” mused CLP's Suzanne Thinnes.
No doubt, a good problem to have as the likes of Brian Hart, John Dickerson, Jennifer Marlow, CLP prexy Mary Francis Cooper, Brian Chernock, Erik Zawadzki, Julian Smith, Wolfgang Richter, Debjani Biswas, and Stephen Denney enjoyed wine tastings and other libations.
“I don't know why I don't have a library card,” confessed Lucy Erickson when pressed. “But I do have a book in my purse!” she exclaimed, pulling out a copy of “Perks of Being a Wallflower.”
- Let Them Eat Cake! contest is sweet on ‘Baby Odyssey’
- Persad Center’s Art for Change continues to grow
- Mon-Vale Health Resources celebrates 25th Gala
- Silk Screen film festival gala draws 400 celebrants
- Ladies Hospital Aid Society toasts outgoing president
- Pittsburgh Opera’s Maecenas XXIX gala takes center stage
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.