Women and Girls Foundationof Southwest Pennsylvania lauds 14 men for their efforts
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 8:51 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, December 2, 2012
The Women and Girls Foundation of Southwest Pennsylvania tipped its hat to the gents for the first time in history on Saturday, as 14 good fellas were honored for their efforts to advance women's rights and opportunities in our corner of the world.
Held at the August Wilson Center, Celebrating (Wo)Men! put the twist on the annual Celebrating Women event that recognizes area women who are striving to break the stereotypical barriers while also serving as a role model to other young ladies.
“With so many men from our area standing up for women and serving as champions and advocates in the workplace and the community, we thought it was time to shine a light on them,” said CEO Heather Arnet.
Enjoying their time in the spotlight were Special Award of Distinction honoree Dr. Gary Cuccia as well as Dr. Freddie Fu, Jim Abraham, Gregg Dietz, Tanner Fitzgerald, Michael Aaron Glass, George Greer, Andrew Hoover, George Kantor, Lou Rood, Rep. Dan Frankel and the Hon. Gene Strassburger.
- Let Them Eat Cake! contest is sweet on ‘Baby Odyssey’
- Mon-Vale Health Resources celebrates 25th Gala
- Ladies Hospital Aid Society toasts outgoing president
- Flash!: Person of Vision; CAPA Cabaret; Austin’s Playroom Project auction
- Persad Center’s Art for Change continues to grow
- Pittsburgh Wine Festival not so bottled up anymore
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.