Up & Coming
Published: Sunday, June 16, 2013, 7:31 p.m.
Delectably Downton Tea — Pittsburgh Symphony North
Wine Party — St. Jude
50 Women of Excellence — New Pittsburgh Courier
Omni William Penn
Urban Garden Party — Mattress Factory
Entrepreneur of the Year Awards — Ernst & Young
Westin Convention Center hotel
Roads of Arabia Opening Dinner
A Night in the Woods — Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania
Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve
Roaring '20s Great Gatsby Party — Bartko Foundation
The Club Colony
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Funeral selfies lure our leaders
- Health-insurance mandate poses potential hitch for volunteer fire companies
- Philadelphia senator’s bill restricts anti-abortion protesters
- Century III new owner seeks to reverse vacancy trend with new theater
- Kittanning’s defense shuts down rival Ford City
- Stocks show fatigue as market sent to biggest loss in 5 weeks
- Pirates sign free agent pitcher Volquez
- Penguins center Sutter is thriving despite unsettled 3rd line
- New Armstrong bowling programs come up short against Butler in home debut
- Poll shows strong opposition to in-flight calls
- Maximize tax deductions with charitable gift