Gifts for girlfriends include time, scents
By The Washington Post
Published: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 8:59 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, December 13, 2012
Alison Starling, a news anchor at Washington's ABC7, says time is her most valuable possession, so she thinks the perfect girlfriend gift is time together “to enjoy one another's company” at a cooking class. Her choice is one near her home, at Society Fair in Alexandria, Va. The chef/sommelier prepares a meal in front of as many as 10 guests who sit convivially at a marble-top bar watching, eating and asking questions. The three-course dinner is $75 per person
for food, plus $50 for wine. www.societyfair.net.
Friends may also like:
• The mix of grapefruit, pine, rosemary and eucalyptus oils in this new body scrub (6.7 fluid ounces) from under-the-radar Brit beauty line Liz Earle will power up your pal's shower. The ground olive stones invigorate and are a refreshing alternative to the usual tame sameness of most of these potions. Psst, buy one for yourself, too. $24 at www.lizearle.com.
• Impress your sister with J. Crew's sparkly bangles which are irresistibly wrist-worthy. Stun her with your fashion advice to mix them with bunches of other bracelets for additional texture and interest. $58 each at area J. Crew stores and www.jcrew.com.
• Give your chum a chuckle with a little black corset from Umbra. It's a place to not only stash and organize her baubles, but also to find them easily, thanks to 23 clear pockets and oodles of hooks and loops. She and her closet will be grateful. $15 at www.umbra.com.
• Wannabe princesses will swoon over the Gin Fizz scent by Parisian perfume maker Lubin. Distinguished by top notes of lemon, mandarin and juniper berry, it was created in 1955 in honor of Grace Kelly and named for a cocktail in fashion that year in Paris' American bars. $135 at www.goodwooddc.com.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- Penguins’ fans as young as five months brave cold to watch Game 5
- Zoning change of Herminie parcels causes controversy
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- McKeesport man gets jail term for heroin sale
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.