Fashion FYI: Tie one on with Nick Cannon at Macy's
Macy's is launching a line of neckwear by entertainer Nick Cannon. The South Hills Village location is one of the few stores nationwide to carry the line. They will also be available online. The ties come in fashion-forward prints, bold colors and a variety of textures. They retail for $65 and are made of silk.
“My style has always been about individuality, confidence and expression,” Cannon says. “With my new line of ties available exclusively at Macy's, I am thrilled I can now offer shoppers across the country access to spectacular prints and bold colors to create a look that's all their own.”
Handbags, jewelry and photographs
The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, Downtown, will host luxury handbag designer and jewelry brand, Sandra Cadavid and a curated art exhibition at 5 p.m. during the Sept. 27 gallery crawl sponsored by the Pittsburgh's Cultural Trust. It is part of the RLife LIVE series — the nationally acclaimed Renaissance movement that embodies commitment to providing innovative experience through engaging entertainment. JP Diroll's photographs of Pittsburgh landscapes will be on display in a gallery in the hotel lobby.
Beauty and fashion event
So Chic Hair, an online hair boutique, presents Beauty & Fashion Runway Expo from 4 to 10 p.m. Sept. 29 at Doubletree by Hilton in Monroeville. The runway show also has classes to learn beauty techniques. Tickets are $25; $20 in advance.
• Larrimor's, Downtown, is having Ermenegildo Zegna and Magnanni trunk shows Oct. 3 and a Nina McLemore trunk show Sept. 27 to 28. All are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Zegna has decades of experience in Italian-made suits and sportswear. Magnanni produces handcrafted men's shoes. McLemore uses European fabrics in natural fibers or fine linen silks.
• Glitter and Grit, a bridal store on Butler Street, Lawrenceville, is having a Nicole Miller trunk show. The New York collection ranges from $1,100 to $3,400.
Details: 412-781-2375 or www.glitterandgritpgh.com
Philip Pelusi will be the host for “Pink Runway to Real Runway” at 7 p.m. Oct. 2 at WHIM in Station Square on the South Side. The show benefits Susan G. Komen Pittsburgh. Tickets are $35; $30 in advance at any Philip Pelusi Salon.
The Fill a Bag sale is back. For $20, shoppers can fill a bag with overstocked merchandise including suits, separates, coats and more at Dress for Success on Fifth Avenue in Warner Center, Downtown. Hours are 2 to 7 p.m. Sept. 30 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 1 to 3.
Details: 412-201-4204 or www.dressforsuccess.org
Send fashion news to email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding Clickers bridal show features ‘Yes to the Dress’ star Fenoli
- Some women eschew shampoo in favor of natural hair care
- Fashion FYI: Cavanaugh’s Bridal Show at Sheraton Station Square Hotel