What to find on sale in February
By The Atlanta Journal-constitution
Published: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, February 17, 2013
February is a strange month. It is the shortest on the calendar, but it plays host to big shopping bargains. “Any time there is some sort of holiday where you are expected to make purchases, there are a lot of noteworthy promotions,” says Lindsay Sakraida, features director at dealnews.com.
Presidents Day: Look for deals on lots of winter apparel, tools, bedding, furniture and other home items. “Department stores really get into the weekend sales with discounts of up to 80 percent off,” Sakraida says. A lot of retailers online will offer additional coupons, so search for them to see if you can save a little extra money.
Other Deals: Tax software: “You may not feel the need to find a deal on tax software because it is such a necessity,” Sakraida says, “but we have already seen discounts on H&R Block and Turbo Tax. The deals are better now than they were last year. Look for prices around $20 or less.”
Winter apparel: It is still a great time to score deals on winter apparel, particularly if you need a high-quality coat. “It has been a mild winter. Some brands that specialize in winter apparel had a hard time pushing their stock. You can save hundreds of dollars on a down coat,” Sakraida says.
Winter fashion: North Face, a brand normally excluded from sales, is being advertised in twice as many deals this winter. Ugg boots, another brand that generally does not see many sales, are also available at a discount, Sakraida says.
Electronics: “A lot of last year's electronics hit lows around Black Friday, but now is a good time to get deals because 2013 models were just released last month and will slowly start making their way to stores,” Sakraida says. Look for the best discounts on audio equipment and HDTVs.
- Locke, Pirates power past Brewers, 5-2
- Pirates notebook: Cutter a boon for Melancon
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Outdoor notices: May 25, 2013
- Thousands walk, run last mile of marathon
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Pitt awaits NCAA Tournament fate after loss to Notre Dame in Big East baseball
- State champion 400 relay highlights girls team title for Hempfield
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.