How to start planning your wedding
According to David's Bridal annual What's On Bride's Minds survey, it is estimated that 77 percent of employed women plan their wedding while at work.
To help keep brides on the good side of their employers and help them get their planning done in a more efficient way, David¹s Bridal created a new online tool called My Event that allows brides to easily plan, organize, share, and track all their wedding activities to create the event of their dreams. Find it at www.davidsbridal.com/myevent.
Meanwhile, David's Bridal offers these tips”
• If you don't have a wedding planner, enlist a friend to help you prioritize and plan.
• Keep reality in focus — know your budget and stick to it. It is easy to get wrapped up in having an extravagant wedding, but remember the day is really about you and your partner.
• Choose a theme or symbol first to solidify the vision of your wedding, and it will make as it will make the party planning process easier.
• If you¹re thinking of a specific color, keep in mind what flowers are available during the time of your wedding. Flowers in season are less expensive.
• Ask for references and read online reviews of potential vendors before booking.
• If you have older wedding guests, make sure there are plenty of places for them to sit down.
• If you're having a large number of guests age 10 and younger, hire a babysitter to watch them during the ceremony. Set up a children's table or room at the reception, complete with crayons, coloring books, small toys, and games.
• Be cognizant of guests and their dietary restrictions — shellfish, vegetarians, gluten, vegan/vegetarian — make sure there is something for everyone.
• Seat people with similar interests and ages together, and put an even amount of people at each table as people tend to pair off in conversation. You don¹t want to leave anyone out.
• Thank you notes are as important as your invitations. A great time to write them is on the plane ride to your honeymoon destination while the memory is still fresh.