Vivace! fundraiser puts shoppers in good spirits
By Shirley McMarlin
Published: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, October 7, 2012
A shopping trip can be a lesson in the fine line that exists between want and need. Vivace! A Spirited Shopping Event, hosted yearly to benefit the Westmoreland Symphony Orchestra, is a case in point.
Who doesn't need a silk jacket in vibrant jewel colors or a pair of cowboy boots stitched with multicolored floral designs? Or a great string of beads with a plush scarf to set them off?
Last week's two-day shopping spree was preceded by a preview cocktail party on Wednesday evening in the Greensburg Country Club.
Vivace! organizer Linda Assard said the aim is to bring in vendors from across the country offering unique goods in a variety of price ranges, so there truly is “something for everyone.”
Add complimentary champagne, and you've got a winner of an event.
Helping Assard with planning and execution for the party and sale were Phyllis Kluska and Sheila Caramella. Lending moral support at the party were hubbies David Assard, Mud Kluska and Art Caramella.
Seen shopping and sipping were Jill Briercheck, Jo Ellen Numerick, Roxanne Fontanesi, Susan Ciarimboli, Sharon Smith, Dan and Ann Obara, Bud Smail, Pat Condo and Jan Taylor Condo, Linda Blum, Joan DeRose, Ed and Claudia Narcisi, Morrie Brand and Kaaren Tintori.
Also, Jennifer Miele, Candace Cassidy, Linda Austin, Rich and Helen Marshall, Larry and Mary Ann Fusco, Debbie Reese, Andrea Raimondo, Janie Belden and Rick Lang, Jody Keating and Denny and Jennifer Terzich.
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
- Penguins GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was improvement during playoffs
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- ’76 Apple model gets $668K at auction
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Minor league notebook: Kilcrease shining as reliever for Bradenton
- Power storms back to beat rival Gladiators
- Lap of luxury: Not just royal babies get posh treatment
- SeaWorld’s Antarctica latest challenge to Disney
- Marijuana supporters rally at the Point
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.