American Red Cross Holiday Splendor Gala toasts the spirit of giving
By Shirley McMarlin
Published: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 8:54 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, December 9, 2012
It's always a splendid affair, the annual American Red Cross Holiday Splendor Gala.
The 22nd annual event for the organization's Westmoreland chapter took place Thursday at the Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, with both venue and guests all decked out in the season's finest.
Chapter Executive Director Donna Pacella said that, beyond enjoying the festivities, guests were provided with various opportunities to help out “neighbors affected by unexpected emergencies and disasters.”
Robert Beltz, president of Kalumetals Inc. in Derry, won the key to a treasure chest that opened to his choice of a diamond or gift card supplied by Beeghly and Company Jewelers.
The VIP list for the evening included Patricia Waldinger, CEO of the American Red Cross Western Pennsylvania Region.
Also on the list: John and Angel Jamison, Stan and Betsy Hunt, Dave Kolk, Bob Pacella, James and Christine Okonak, Jim and Donna Breisinger, Tom and Sherry Gaston, Amy and Brian Beeghly, Dr. Michael and Terry Zorch, Calvin and Julie McCutcheon, Norma Samide, Michele Bononi, Daniel Crozier and Nancy Rogers-Crozier, Dr. Greg Whorral, Pastor Chris and Kelli Whitehead, Patti Lisbon, Mark and Lori Bronakowski, Don and D.J. Johnston, Sharon Keller, Matt Keller, Barb Christner, Judy Leonard, Holly Smith, Dave Arnold, Al and Cathy Keefe and Kevin Doerfler.
— Shirley McMarlin
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Pens GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was in-playoffs improvement
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Starkey: Pirates’ Huntington never looked so good
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Biertempfel: Pirates’ Alvarez continues improvement at third base
- 2-vehicle crash sends minivan into Winfield Township bagel shop
- Local golf notebook: W.Pa. native hopeful for full PGA Tour privileges in 2014
- Power storms back to beat rival Gladiators
- Shortfalls of student visa system in spotlight
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.