Christmas activities among events planned for Plum and Oakmont
Looking for fun stuff to do in Plum and Oakmont?
Here's a breakdown of a few events going on in those areas:
• Christmas comes early in Plum as the borough, school district and Plum Rotary present Christmas at Plum Creek 5:30-9 p.m. at Plum Creek Park, the ballfields along New Texas Road across from the borough building.
The Christmas tree lighting ceremony will take place at 6 p.m. Santa and some reindeer will be there. Plum students will be collecting donations for their toy drive.
Churches and local organizations will have tents full of information and activities for families and children.
Call Mona Costanza at 412-795-6800, ext. 4203 for more information.
• The Plum Community Library hosts Preschool Pals 11-11:45 a.m. Wednesday at 445 Center New Texas Road. The program features stories, music, rhymes and a craft. It's designed for children ages 3-5.
Call 412-798-7323 for more information.
• Plum Community Center's volunteer country western band will perform from 12:30-2:30 p.m. Wednesday at the center at 499 Center New Texas Road.
Admission is free. All are welcome.
• The community center will host line dancing from 9:30-11:30 a.m. and bingo from 12:30-3 p.m. Thursday.
• The center's quilting program will make placemats for Meals on Wheels from 12:30-3 p.m. Friday. Call 412-795-2330 for more information on all community center activities.
• Oakmont Carnegie Library's Book Buddies story time is 10:30-11:15 a.m. Wednesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
The program is designed for children ages birth to 5 years old with their caregiver. Children can listen to stories. No registration is required.
• The Oakmont library's free after school program for children ages 5 and older will take place from 3:15-4:30 p.m. at the library.
No registration is required. There will be crafts, activities and free books. Contact Karen Crowell at 412-828-9532 for more information about Oakmont library programs.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at 412-871-2367, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @MikeJdiVittorio.