A murder mystery and meditation are among things to do in Oakmont and Plum this week
Looking for something fun to do in Plum and Oakmont?
Here are some events in the area this week:
• The Plum Community Library at 445 Center New Texas Road hosts Holiday Hoopla from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday. It is a family fun night for people of all ages. There will be singing, dancing and holiday fun.
• Circle of Stitchers will meet at the Plum library from 10 a.m. to noon and from 6-8 p.m. Thursday. Knitters, crocheters and stitchers of every kind are invited to meet and share their techniques and resources.
Call 412-798-7323 for more information and to register for either event.
• Bad Art Nite at the Oakmont Carnegie Library at 700 Allegheny River Blvd. has been rescheduled. It was originally set for 6-8 p.m. Wednesday. That has now been moved to Jan. 17. Call Stephanie Zimble at 412-828-9532 for more information.
• The Oakmont library's after school program will take place from 3:15-4:30 p.m. Thursday. It is designed for children ages 5 and older. It is free and no registration is required. The theme of the day is “First Day of Winter” with snowflake frames and wreaths, popsicle stick ornaments and sticker scenes. Contact Karen Crowell at 412-709-2504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Sahaja meditation will take place at the Oakmont library from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday. The guided meditation practice lead by Marilyn Patete will provide the basics of finding inner peace, balance and self-control. The class is free and open to the public.
Contact Robin Almendinger at 412-828-9532 for more information.
• Both the Plum and Oakmont libraries are closed Monday for Christmas.
• Put on an ugly sweater and come down to The Oaks Theater at 310 Allegheny River Blvd. for a special showing of “Home Alone” 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
A holiday beer tasting for those ages 21 and older will take place prior to the show at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $7.
• The Oaks hosts a murder mystery dinner 7:30 p.m. Friday. Mystery's Most Wanted brings a Christmas murder not to be missed. It is designed for patrons ages 16 and older.
Meal is an Italian dinner buffet with two types of pasta, salad and breads. Tickets range from $18 to $22.
Call 412-828-6233 for more information about Oaks events.