Springdale Council to consider 8 ordinances Tuesday
Springdale residents may find themselves saying “eight is enough” after the borough council meeting tonight.
Eight ordinances are up for consideration and possible enactment.
Residents will have a chance to voice their opinions on all of them during public hearings at the start of the meeting, according to the posted meeting agenda.
The proposed ordinances would:
• Regulate the placement of waste Dumpsters and the storage of other items within the right-of-way of any public street.
• Establish guidelines and procedures for help with locked out vehicles, providing for a release and establishing a fee.
• Establish standards for applications granting renewal and revocation of handicapped parking spaces on public roadways.
• Amend a previous ordinance restricting the parking of trailers on any public street, alley or right-of-way.
• Amend previous ordinances on parking regulations, violations and penalties.
• Prohibit the consumption of alcoholic beverages on public property, possession of open containers and disorderly conduct, and regulate disorderly houses and gatherings, nuisance properties and noise.
• Amend the canvassing and soliciting regulations, including definitions, rules, regulations and penalties for violations.
• Require street address numbers on all buildings.
Copies of the proposed ordinances can be viewed at the borough office between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays.